As a fellowship in God’s mission, CMS firmly believes that gospel ministry involves people working together in partnership based on prayer. Mission belongs to God and everything depends on him. Therefore, trusting and preserving prayer is central to all that we are and all that we do.
Here are some ideas to help you pray individually or with your church or group. Please join us in praying daily for the work of CMS as we share God’s vision of a world that knows Jesus!
CMS Prayer Diary
The CMS Prayer Diary is the ‘directory’ of staff and missionaries. Many people in the CMS family—members, supporters, churches—use it to help them pray each day for CMS. The Prayer Diary also contains contact details for most missionaries, so it’s a valuable resource if you’d like to encourage them with an email.
Monthly Prayer Points
Each month, we publish an update with recent prayer points from all our missionaries. These work alongside the Prayer Diary to give you up-to-date information about what each missionary would specifically like prayer for. You can contact your local branch and receive them as part of a monthly email with updates from CMS.
Another great way you can support CMS is to subscribe to prayer updates from a particular missionary. You will receive regular newsletters and prayer points from them, allowing you to pray and care for them more specifically while they serve God in cross-cultural mission.
Praying for CMS in your church or small group
Are you praying for CMS in your church service or small group?
Subscribe to updates from your church or group’s link missionary for regular prayer points. You can also pray for the general prayer points below, or head to our Resources page for some more ideas.
General prayer points for mission and missionaries:
- Pray for the spread of the gospel in places where missionaries are working.
- Pray for the many thousands of unreached people groups with no access to the gospel.
- Pray for Christians in troubled parts of the world.
- Pray for missionaries dealing with isolation, danger or other difficulties.
- Pray for the spiritual growth of missionaries.
- Pray for the children of missionaries, either on location or living away from their parents.
- Pray for those undergoing training in preparation for mission.
- Pray for God to continue to raise up new missionaries.
- Pray for the financial and practical needs of missionary organisations.